To be completely honest with you, I had very low expectations of Cebu Suites Ramos Tower. They were in the middle of a terrible PR situation a few years ago, and that kind of left a stain to their name.
But I thought, “why not give it a try?”
When I arrived, their parking area wasn’t clean, and there was a distinct smell that overpowered the whole building level. I’m not sure how to describe it, but it was bad. I quickly left the parking area, and hopped into the elevator that brought me to the receiving are. The ground floor was bright and warm, making me feel relieved.
So I check-in and I’m given the key to my room. Here are things you should know for their check-in process:
- A room for two usually costs around P1500 – P2000.
- They will require you to present at least 1 valid ID during check-in. They will also seek an ID from the person you’re sharing the room with.
- They will ask a safety deposit of P1,000, so be sure you bring some extra money with you.
- They require you to present your booking info. You may forward the document to their email.
Upon opening my room door, I feel so pleased to be welcomed by a clean, spacious, and neat room. It’s the complete opposite of what I thought it would be, based on hearsay and the parking lot impression. Needless to say, I’m impressed. Here is how the room looks like:
Best things about the room at City Suites Ramos Tower:
- It looks and feels clean.
- The sheets smell good.
- The air-conditioner does not disappoint! I had to turn it off around 4 in the morning because I was already freezing!
- The coffee mugs, water heater, and other utensils were clean and washed. I’ve been to some hotels with very dusty mugs! Ew.
- The marble table near the sink gave the room a unique touch. Plus, it has served its purpose well. I used it for work and for the food I bought outside. I hate it when hotel rooms do not provide a table for food.
Final Verdict: I love this place and would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants to stay near Fuente, Cebu.
Visit City Suites today at F. Ramos St., 6000 Cebu City, Philippines | City Suites Facebook